Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cha-kick

Wednesday is the day we usually shop for groceries at Henry's. As we made our list for the most recent trip, Natalie went to the kitchen, pointed and said, "Cha-kick." I've learned this word for chocolate often means anything that comes out of the freezer. I said, "What chocolate?" It would have been impossible for her to have learned of the chocolate Mochi Nate just bought. So, she repeats herself, and much slower so that Mama can catch up. "Chaaa-kiiiick." "Sweetie, there's no chocolate." Probably a blatant lie. Natalie proceeds to walk over to me, point at my lap where our growing list is, and says, again, "Cha-kick." I gave a look to Nate, who mirrored my "Is this for real?" eyes. So, I wrote down 'chocolate' on our list. Natalie reaches for the pen, so I showed her the list and I asked her if what I wrote was correct. She tapped 'chocolate' a couple of times with the pen, and seemed to be satisfied.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not surprised AT all! I warned you guys and be ready for this x2.

Love ya all! Little guy, we are waiting.

Granns/LaLa and what is to come.

Anonymous said...

Wow! All of our grandchildren from about a year on up know that Grandpa is good for "Chocolate" (I always have chocolate chips in the freezer.) So the request for Cho-kick seems to be a brillant child request! I just enjoy reading the comments that Natalie makes, so please keep them coming.

Nice to know she has already learned the importance of chocolate.

Grandpa (Uncle, etc.) Bud