I used to be one of those people that rolled her eyes every time a parent, when asked how old their child was, would give the child's age in months. If it wasn't divisible by 2, I had no idea how old the kid really was, but honestly didn't care. It was a question for the sake of conversation. Now, I find myself as one of the Ones Whom I Scorned. I rationalize it by saying, "Well, 13 months is very different from 12 and 14, don't you see?" And, for the most part, it's true. On Natalie's first birthday she took her first step. Since then, her mobility, verbalization, continual grasp of cause and effect, dexterity and nighttime sleep habits have changed exponentially. Now she's 13 months (just over 1 year) and we're wondering how much more 'little girl' she'll become before next month's birthday.
We had a little party (a bit late) on the 20th (her 13th month was January 17th). Ethan came up and made us a stellar batch of blueberry scones, and accompanied by eggs and coffee we had a great mid-week celebration.
Oh, the new president's inauguration just happened to be on the same day and at the same time we were celebrating with Natalie.





1 comment:
Ben turned 60 months last week. :)
Post a Comment