The word on the UC information highway is that Cal should be used for all UC schools and Berkeley should be ashamed of themselves for assuming it only refers to them. I say Berkeley should be The Cal (because let's all admit that's what it is), just like the interstates, and everyone else can be Cal. I will refer to all things Californian as Cal because it's easier to type.
I love that Cal taxpayers fund interstate signs that say "Drive the speed limit. It saves fuel and lives." Thank you! Don't complain about high gas prices if you drive like you have money to burn!
I also appreciate that most Cal public green spaces are watered with recycled water. Sure, you shouldn't let your kids play there, should disinfect your hands if you come into contact with anything and should not steal the water to make your coffee (wait a minute....), but it's a smart idea for a wasteful practice.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment