Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Days


We haven't put gas in our car in almost two weeks. That mostly means we drive shorter distances, but also much less than the 60 miles/day we did living in Lanesboro. I've found La Jolla drivers to drive as bossy as their luxury cars look, but for the most part people are respectful. Nate is really getting going at school, having started his research assistant job early. He's attending workshops offered by the Office of Graduate Studies and is feeling like he actually has something to be excited about! He's met some classmates, has registered for class and usually bikes to school, utilizing the bus when he doesn't bike. Natalie and I try to take care of daily tasks, find a new place to walk to each day, go to the playground and swing, and try to meet other kids her age. I (Kimberly) have applied for two jobs at UCSD, a bit reluctant to consider going back to work. I will go tomorrow to get fingerprinted for the second time since arriving in CA (the first to get the still absent driver's license) in order to complete the transfer of my nursing assistant license from Minnesota. We haven't decided to purchase Internet connectivity at our apartment yet, so many evenings find me walking ten minutes each way to the Mesa apartment cafe for free wireless. It's chilly in the evenings, even for a Minnesotan. Living near the coast provides a blessed breeze throughout the day and good sleeping weather at night. Now, to do something about those dastardly fighter jet sonic booms and the fire engine sirens....This past weekend we got a visit from Nate's parents and had a great time. It won't be said too much how pleasing it is to be so close to them. Natalie turned 9 months old today and gains skills every day. My favorite right now, which makes it more bearable, is her mimicking the sirens as they pass. That was how I knew she was awake from a nap the other day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up-date! Great pictures. It certainly gives a view of what you guys are doing. Fabulous pictures of Oma and Opa with Natalie. Natalie is certainly a combination of the two of you. In the different pictures I see each of the grandparents.

I really like the attachment method you guys have developed for seeing the pictures.

Uncle Bud (alias Grandpa Bud)